Monday, March 7, 2011

Girly Girl

I just finished decorating my sister-in-law, Kalyn's new apartment.  I had such a great time doing it and was so happy to do something like that for her!  She has been going through a lot lately and needs a place to relax and unwind.  She wanted it very girly, and I sure didn't mind making it that way! :)  Just about everything is new except for her couch, coffee table, curtains and a few accessories.  Hope you enjoy KK!



This was such a inexpensive solution for artwork.  It makes such a big impact for little cost!  I bought the images with the matting for $6 each and the frames for $5 each.




 











This was an old dresser my parents had laying around.  I painted it and made it for her bar area!
The barstools used to have roosters painted on them.  I bought some light pink spray paint....much better now.

Kalyn did not have a King headboard, so I bought a canvas and created some "artwork."  It's my first painting, so don't laugh! lol

The apartment was done on a limited budget.  I know we will all be millionaires one day, just not yet! lol  So re purposing furniture and accessories is a great way to go on a tight budget and honestly I think adds character.  Anyhow, I hope you like it! :)